The Importance Of Website Hosting
Website hosting is a key consideration for any online business reviewing its website design because it is responsible for ensuring that the public has browsing access to all your content, all of the time.
A high-quality hosting service provides your online business with numerous benefits, including:
- Better site performance – fast loading speeds and response times mean greater audience attention and engagement
- Exceptional technical support
- A domain-associated email address, which boosts the sense of legitimacy of your online business
- Strong website security.
Comparing Different Website Hosts
There are many hosting options available, so the key is to choose a plan that matches your online business’s needs and goals.
Attributes of an ideal website hosting provider include:
- Sufficient storage availability, in line with your requirements
- Fast loading speeds to ensure that your website is prioritised on Google Search
- Strong security with many layers that ensure protection of your files and data
- The right cost, according to your needs – remember that a lower price doesn’t necessarily mean poor service, just as a higher one won’t guarantee better quality.
Our Top Picks: WordPress Hosting Providers: WPEngine and SiteGround And Their Pros And Cons
WPEngine is currently considered to be the best-managed WordPress hosting provider.
The PROS of WPEngine include:
- Strong security, with many advanced features that other hosts don’t offer
- Fast loading times, with servers specifically optimised for WordPress
- Reliability – it handles traffic spikes easily without slowing down your site
- WordPress expert support
- Rave reviews, particularly in terms of reliability and excellent customer service.
The CONS of WPEngine include:
- Disallowed plugins – certain WordPress plugins cannot be installed on your site
- No domain registrations and email systems, which means you’ll have to register your domains with another company such as GSuite, which some users may find inconvenient
- It’s more expensive – although the services WPEngine offers are considered to be well worth the investment.
Click here to view our Agency Partner page to receive special offers on the different hosting packages.
SiteGround is one of the most popular and highly rated WordPress hosting providers today.
The PROS of SiteGround include:
- Super-fast servers using the Google Cloud platform – one of the fastest platforms on the market
- High-quality customer service with 24/7 phone support and live chat
- Free instant setup of CDN and SSL
- Multiple server locations across three continents, with the option of choosing your preferred location during signup
- Convenient email systems.
The CONS of SiteGround include:
- Limited, fixed storage – albeit a good size
- Higher fee for monthly billing – although signing up for a longer billing period means you’ll get a bigger discount and a lower rate, with a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
Next Step: Professional Website Design And Development
After you’ve found the most promising web hosting provider, boost your online business presence with our professional website design and development.
Coreweb Development offers bespoke website design solutions for new company websites. For WordPress-based online businesses, Our team of expert WordPress designers are ready to design websites with YOU in mind.
Contact us today to get a free website quote and have our team get started with creating a unique website that will excite, inspire and engage your customers.
Some of the links shown on this page are affiliate links, we stand by what we say about the suggested hosting providers and believe in their product.